In the land of Fjords...
In the land of Fjords...
Day 1 Arrival Ålesund
Welcome to Norway! Collect your rental car at the airport and discover the charming town of Ålesund, surrounded by water.
Day 2 Ålesund / Geiranger
Ålesund is renowned for its art nouveau architecture. It is built on several islands, connected by bridges and tunnels under the sea. Travel towardsn Hellesylt then cross Geiranger fjord by boat. The entrance to this dramatic fjord is truly majestic. The steep walls are dotted with waterfalls which have intreguing names like the 3 sisters and bridal veil...
Transport: 110 km (69 miles)
Day 3 Geiranger / Bøverdalen
Today you descend towards Lom where we recommend stopping to visit the standing church. Then, you take the road to Norway's most famous national park, Jotunheimen. You spend the night here immersed in the high mountain atmosphere.
Transport: 110 km (69 miles)
Day 4 Boverdalen / Sogndal
You head towards the stunning Lustrafjorden Fjord which takes you to the city of Sogndal. You pass at the foot of the largest glacier in Europe, Nigardsbreem. Going up the valley of Jostedalen through the city of Bruheim you can enjoy a wonderful hike in one of the largest wilderness areas of southern Norway, Jostedalsbreen National Park.
Transport: 30 km (20 miles)
Day 5 Jostedalsbreen National Park
Today is dedicated to hiking near the iconic Nigardsbreen glacier. It is also possible to go kayaking on the glacial lake.
Day 6 Sogndal / Bergen
From Sogndal, a short trip (~10 km/6 miles) takes you to Kaupanger and an interesting Norwegian stavkirker stave church. Then you board a ferry from Manheller to Fodnes. From here, you have the option to make a short detour (~20 km/12 miles) to the beautiful city of Flam where you can enjoy a magnificent train journey to the high mountain station of Myrdal. This line, one of the steepest in the world, takes you to the foot of spectacular waterfalls, beyond the snow-covered mountains to the wild nature of the Flåm Valley from where you can admire the majestic Aurlandfjord. This afternoon, you continue on to Stalheim canyon and Tvinde waterfalls, then Voss and Bergen.
Transport: 260 km (160 miles)
Day 7 Bergen
Visit Bergen city. The Bergen-Pass (25 €) enables you to visit most of the museums and attractions free of charge and to use the public transport. Not to be missed, are the memorable fish market and shrimp sandwiches, the hanseatic district, a selection of Bergens many museums and the views from Ulriken mountain ... a busy day awaits!
Day 8 Bergen
Return your vehicle at the airport and board your flights home.
Period & budget
When to travel?
The best period for travelling is during the following months:
The budget is an indication of the price per person, subject to availability. Your local agent will send you a customized quote with the exact price. The price can vary according to availability, level of services, period of travel, number of participants, booking time frame and other items.
- A rental vehicle type A VW type Up! or similar for 7 days, CDW insurance and unlimited km
- 7 nights accommodation in hotels, hostels or guesthouses (double room)
- Breakfasts (except in Bergen if it's in a guesthouse)
- A detailed roadbook to guide you through your adventure
- International flights
- Registration fee: €18 (free for under 12s)
- City toll fees : 40 NOK per day is charged to drive through cities
- Vehicle hire one way fee 3000 NOK excluding VAT
Terms and conditions
- Cancellation received more than 30 days prior to the departure date: a sum of €50 per person will be retained
- Cancellation received 30 to 21 days before the departure date: your deposit, 30% of the total trip price will be retained
- Cancellation received 20 to 14 days before the departure date: 50% of the total trip price will be retained
- Cancellation received 13 to 7 days before the departure date: 75% of the total trip price will be retained
- Cancellation received less than 7 days before the departure date: 100% of the total trip price will be retained
Modification du contrat
Prix et révision des prix
Cession du contrat
Budget & exchange
- A sleeping bag or sleeping bag liner
- Sunglasses (high quality protection)
- A wind and waterproof jacket (breathable, sealed seams)
- Suitable underwear, t-shirts and walking trousers
- Hiking boots (high-rise, strudy soles)
- Warm jumper(s) and jacket(s)
- Sun cream
- A headtorch and spare batteries
- Warm thick socks
- A warm hat
- Any personal medication
- Towel & toiletries
- A thermos/suitable water bottle(s)
- No cotton
- Bring dry spares of everything, even underwear and gloves
- Wear multiple layers including:
- A warm breathable base layer
- A second thermal layer
- Wind and waterproof protective out layer (we provide an additional quality jacket and over trousers.
- A pair of comfortable shoes for evenings in towns
- Waterproof trousers
- Your swim stuff
- Walking poles
- Tupperware and cutlery for picnics
- Extra layers
- Blister plasters
- A suitable camera
- Plastic bags for wet/dirty clothing
- Toilet paper & a lighter
- Personal medication
- Anti pain medication Paracetamol
- Diarrhoea drugs
- Intestinal dressing
- Sun screen with strong protection for the lips and the skin
- Eye drops for the eyes
- Moisturizing cream for the treatment of superficial burns (blisters and sunburns)
- An adhesive elastic banda box of adhesive plasters and disinfectant compresses
- Double skin for blisters
- Be prepared
- Stick to trails and camp overnight right
- Stash your trash and pick up waste
- Leave it as you find it
- Be careful with fire
- Respect wildlife
- Be considerate of other visitors